Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Road Trip!

So we're getting ready for our annual trek to northern Québec ...I thought I'd invite you to come along! The drive will take about 8-10 hours from Québec City. It will be a long day, but the scenery is spectacular all along the way. So here are a few samples of what we'll be seeing...

Québec City...a very romantic city!


One of the endlessly spectacular views from the highway


Tadoussac , where we catch the ferry




I've never seen one yet, but maybe this time?


More views from the highway...we have to go way beyond the horizon.

Port-Cartier...only 60k (39mi) to go!


We'll see lots of waterfalls along the way!


Sept-Îles! Look back at all those hills that we just drove through!


Finally here! Along the boardwalk in Sept-Îles



Further along the boardwalk...lots of people walk here in the evenings.

The beach near Sept-Îles...I hope it will be warm enough to go!!
 I hope you enjoyed the trip as much as we will! Since we'll be visiting family and friends and taking long walks all along that boardwalk and beach, I won't have much time to blog. So, take care all, stay healthy, and see you when we get back!!

4 comments:

  1. Sharon, have you noticed? I have become a fan. What beautiful landscapes. Hope you take lots of pictures and post them ! Those waterfalls are spectacular !
    Bon voyage!
    Angelika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Angelika! I've tried taking pictures in past years (we drive through all of these places shown in the photos), but the scenery is just too massive for my little camera - and we can't stop too often or we won't make it there before the sun goes down. But I'll try to stop in a couple of our favourite places and post them in my post-trip blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful shots! Looks like a fun trip, so enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just what I needed on a hot day while hiding from the sun. Very nice - so cool!

    ReplyDelete