Sunday, June 3, 2012

Top Ten Lists

It's Sunday and I don't feel much like blogging something too serious today. So being a list-lover, I thought I'd start adding a list every so often to the blog, just for fun. Everyone seems to be bandying around that phrase "bucket list", but I must be terribly unambitious because I only have 2, maybe 3 things that I'd want to put on my own bucket list.

But how about a Top Ten List of my favourite things...those are always fun to put together. Let's see what I can come up with. These won't be in any order, just as I think of them.

1. Writing, especially when I have something specific to write about
2. Giraffes
3. The colour orange
4. Poutine (french fries with cheese curds and gravy on top - Quebecois style!)
5. Word games
6. Letting my fingers go wherever they want to on my piano
7. Chatting with God, I mean, not "official prayer", just regular everyday chatting
8. Those moments when God makes me laugh
9. Red cardinals in my back yard
10. Nice long warm gentle kisses


That was fun!

How about a Top Ten List of my favourite foods! Lately I've really been enjoying food, more than ever before. But I'm also trying to keep my weight at a healthy level, so can't always indulge my yearnings. Let's do a list instead.

1. Tempura shrimp
2. Pad Thai (Nokham's makes the best here in town)
3. That Madras soup I had in Smith Falls last week...it was amazing!!!
4. Cheesecake, but not just plain...pumpkin, or chocolate marble swirl, or something exotic with fruit on top and a chocolate crust like we had in Bermuda (and have never found again since)
5. Homemade chewy fudge brownies with walnuts, hot out of the oven
6. Filet mignon steak with fried onions, baked potatoes and asparagus on the side
7. Steaming hot poutine (that place in Varennes, Quebec makes awesome poutine!)
8. My homemade meat loaf, especially when I bake them in the muffin tins!
9. Lucienne's homemade tomato/vegetable soup
10. Homemade Cuban bread pudding (most people there don't even have ovens so they "bake" it in a large tin can that sits in boiling water)
11. I just thought of this one, so am adding it...I love church luncheon egg salad sandwiches...I can make them at home, but they never ever taste as good!


I'll make up some more lists as I think of them...maybe every Sunday?


No comments:

Post a Comment