Sunday, June 10, 2012

This Sunday's Top Ten Lists

It's Sunday again! Time for a few more Top Ten lists! They're fun to put together. Let's see what we come up with today.

My Top Ten Favourite Places to Be
1. Home in my own bed after a long day, or after being away for a long time
2. On Facebook when my international friends are online too
3. Lazing on a lounge chair beside the pool at our favourite resort in Cuba
4. Sitting anywhere with any of our Cuban friends
5. Walking on the boardwalk in Sept-Iles Quebec meeting people we know everywhere we go
6. Sitting in my chair with my plate full of my favourite meal
7. Sitting around the dining table with family and friends
8. Sitting at the table playing board (or card) games
9. Dancing under the stars to beautiful music
10. In my husband's arms


My Top Ten LEAST Favourite Places to Be
1. Waiting in an airport
2. Standing out in the pouring rain with no umbrella or raincoat
3. Walking in a cold blizzard with freezing rain hitting my eyes
4. In a dirty stinking public bathroom
5. Waiting in the doctor's waiting room with people coughing and clearly sick
6. Anywhere I'm being scolded, reprimanded or verbally attacked in any way
7. At the end of a long lineup in the grocery store
8. Being a guest at someone's supper table and looking at a huge pile of cold tinned green peas on my plate
9. Sitting anywhere and hearing hundreds (millions?) of mosquitoes buzzing around my face
10. Drowning (yes, it almost happened)

Top Ten Things that Make Me Grateful While I'm in My Least Favourite Places
1. When the plane is on time
2. The bus arriving earlier than scheduled
3. Hubby pulling up in the car to pick me up
4. Toilet paper in the public bathroom
5. Hand sanitizer
6. Good feet and the courage to help me walk away from hostile situations
7. A new checkout opens and the cashier beckons me to come right over
8. Hubby reaching over and eating all my green peas
9. Finding insect repellant in my purse
10. Being rescued just in time

More next Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment