Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Things I Don't Understand But Want To


I don't understand how someone could post this picture on their blog and not include the recipe!!! I mean, come on! I'm drooling all over my keyboard and itching to lick my screen. If you're going to post pictures like this on your blog, at least have the decency to include a recipe, or a link to a recipe, or better yet, free samples. Geeeshhh!







The four tones of Mandarin Chinese, without which you apparently can't learn how to speak the language properly. I have spent many hours listening to a Mandarin language CD and still have only learned how to say hello and thank you, and even those I'm not sure of because there are many different ways to say each, depending on which of the four tones you use. Sigh.




Ambiguity...I try never to use the word "hate", but ambiguity is one thing that I would have to admit to hating, if I used the word "hate".








I don't understand why I can't get enough of this little guy?! He always makes me laugh and whenever I see his picture, he brightens up my day.

I love it when I find an excuse to post his picture.








How can a man spend HOURS flipping through channels with the remote, landing on programs here and there on his way through to nowhere in particular, and then become so absorbed within a nanosecond that he gets visibly annoyed when I talk, behaving as if he's actually trying to watch this show and I'm making him miss the best part. What??


















With all the different kinds of coffee available out there, why can't I find one that I like? Would I even know how to ask for it if I did like it?












After all the games have been played, posts have been liked, comments have been made, messages responded to and my Facebook page has had nothing new added for hours, why do I sit here, staring at my screen, until I can barely keep my eyes open - or have to pee so badly I can hardly walk to the bathroom - before I finally reluctantly log off. I just can't stand the thought of missing anything. I'm afraid of not being able to log back on again - maybe my laptop won't work tomorrow, maybe we'll have a power outage, or the Internet will be down. 
            The possibilities are endless.


Can you tell that I love my window to the world? Thank you all for making my world so much brighter and worth logging into - and for helping to make it impossible to log out!

4 comments:

  1. I'm sort of glad they don't post the recipe. "you know, lead me not into temptation....etc."
    Where do you come up with your brilliant selection of photos. Love that cell phone. Are those buttons in the order of importance? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about temptation...I'm still on my new regime, and it's working too well - I'm losing weight so fast that the clothes I've been putting together for our trip to China aren't fitting anymore.

    The pictures come from spending way too much time browsing through various neat sites. When I see something (like the remote control) I download it because I know that I'll probably never be able to find it again when I actually need or want it. I can visit the most amazing beautiful places via the Internet...no passport, no airplanes, no cars or hotels, no squat toilets (or worse)...it's a lovely way to travel in-between our real travels, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eagle Heart, would you share the new regime you are on? I'm trying to lose weight too, but it is going way tooooo slow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about I do that for today's blog? Then I can include some informational links. Thanks for asking, Angelika!

    ReplyDelete