Sunday, July 15, 2012

You Make All The Difference

Okay, I've said this so many times in so many different ways that anyone who has known me for any length of time will probably be able to predict how this blog is going to go. But I have to write what's in my heart...that's what meanderings are all about...following the mind and heart to wherever they want to take me and my keyboard.

And today, my mind and heart lead me once again to a fierce and passionate gratitude for the people who fill and bless and grace and enrich my life through various social networking sites. Day after day after day, I open my laptop (my window on the world), and find a whole world of wonder and wondrous people and things waiting for me.

Pictures from remote corners of the universe; quotes that touch my heart and sometimes even give me direction that I've been searching for; photographs of the people and places that are dear to the people who are so dear to me; comments and insights from beloved women who have become like sisters to me after years of sharing life, laughter, tears, fears and everything in between.

Do they/you have any idea - any idea! what my life was like before finding these awesome amazing people??? LONELY!!! Very, very lonely. SAD. Very, very sad. I could list a lot more melancholy adjectives here...but I don't want to. Because that's not who I am anymore and I want to focus on and celebrate the immense joy that has been gifted to me through each and every one of these people - the laughter we've shared, the hearts that have spoken love & care, and the wondrous wisdoms that have become interwoven into the very fabric of my being now.

You have made all the difference in the world to me!

I am not the same lost, lonely person who first logged on seven years ago. And I'm so happy, delighted, so full of thankfulness for how richly my life has changed over all these years. I can't wait to wake up in the mornings now to see what's waiting to be discovered, what's new in the lives of these people I love so dearly, and whatever else you all want to show and share. And thanks to all the ways you have opened my eyes to beauty and wonder, I actually have things that I too can share with people who care enough to celebrate achievements, beauty and moments with me too!

Thank you, all of you, every one of you, for the unique gift of presence and friendship you bring into my heart and life. For the years of love, for walking beside me along so many rough roads, for sharing your thoughts, wisdoms, gifts, pictures and self with me. You have made an enormous beautiful difference in my life...I will never ever be the same, and for that, I'm eternally grateful, because I never want to be the same person I was before meeting you all. And I never will be, because you have taught me so much about love, laughter, joy, gratitude and life that I've grown and continue to evolve far beyond even my own vision of what's possible.

I just want to throw my arms up in the air and stretch them far and wide enough to thank, hug and bless each one of you wherever you are. While my physical arms can't do that, my spiritual arms can and do through prayer and care...I thank God every single day for each of you, and for the day our paths crossed. Wherever our futures take us, know that each one of your lives has made an awesome difference and that you are always in my heart!



*I'm grateful for all the footprints in my heart!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, so true! Real friends aren't constrained by geography any more!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And aren't we so much richer for the diversity of thoughts, experiences, cultures - and all of that diverse geography!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You forget that YOU have given as much of yourself to us as you believe others have given to you! What would we do without our rose of Sharon? The hugs are being reci...ah, recipl...ah....returned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Queen JJ! And thanks for the reci-hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't imagine Eagle Heart you being lonley. You have such a good sweet heart, and your giving nature, and openness; well that is something every friend cherishes.
    But I too have been there; - what lonliness concerns. I know what it is like, and it is sometimes very hard to get out of that dark hole.
    I too am thankfull that I have my soul sisters here, and couldn't imagine my life without that never ending moral support, companionship and love.

    We are all soul sisters! X0X0
    Angelika

    ReplyDelete