Saturday, July 14, 2012

Home is Best

You would think that a computer is a computer...that one is the same as the other...that you could just sit down and skip around the Internet as easily on one as any other. Not so, say I after 2 weeks without my beloved laptop.

When we left home 2 weeks ago, I decided to leave my laptop home. We knew we would be able to use computers everywhere we went, and we were supposed to be bringing two people back in the car with us for the 12-hour drive from Sept-Iles to Montreal, so space would be scarce. (They ended up flying instead, but we didn't know that at the time that we packed the car before leaving home.)

And it's true, I did have Internet access all along the way, on various computers here and there. Some needed tweaking and repairs before I could use them, and some of those tweaks took HOURS, but it all worked out and those computer owners were very happy with the repairs and tweaks.

But as soon as I opened my own laptop this morning and began surfing through all my favourite places, I realized how much I had missed my little "window on the world". I have all of my pages bookmarked, my anti-virus programs are dependable, my fingers know this keyboard intimately and fly freely at will, I can flit from one place to another with grace and speed that I didn't seem to be able to find on other people's computers and keyboards. I'm not sure why, but I always felt like I had to clip my wings somewhat while skipping around other people's preferences and computer idiosyncrasies...and schedules (once I had fixed some of those computers, the owners never seemed to want to leave them!)

Anyway, I'm glad to be home. Glad to be waking up in my own bed. Glad to be cooking my own meals again (the food was wonderful and plentiful everywhere we went, but not so good for my sugar levels). Glad to be surrounded by my own preferences and "feng shui"'ed stuff.

And very glad to be home on my own computer.

I haven't been able to play any of my games for two weeks...guess where I'm going to be spending this "too-hot-to-go-outside" day today!

Hey, it's good to be back home again!!!


Preview

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a good time and a great trip; and glad you're home safely. I have missed your 'meanderings'! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ruth! I missed being able to meander while meandering, lol.

    ReplyDelete