Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Favourite Quotes

I don't really have anything specific to talk about today, but have been wanting to put a bunch of favourite quotes and excerpts together in one place. This seemed to be as good a place as any to start. So this page will be a constant "work in progress" as new quotes cross my path and get added here. (Amendment: I enjoy collecting quotes so much that I've decided to create another blog specifically for my quote collection - come and visit my Quote Blog for more!)

"Does that mean," asked Mack, "that all roads will lead to you?"
"Not at all,", smiled Jesus as he reached for the door handle to the shop. "Most roads don't lead anywhere. What it does mean is that I will travel any road to find you." (WM. Paul Young, The Shack)
You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves you too full to embrace the present.-Jan Glidewell
 "You don't think your way into a new kind of living. You live your way into a new kind of thinking." (Henri Nouwen)
When you don't like a thing, change it. If you can't change it, change the way you think about it.  (Maya Angelou)
 (I used to hate doing dishes until I read this on a plaque on my aunt's kitchen wall)
Thank God For Dirty Dishes
Author Unknown

Thank God for dirty dishes;
They have a tale to tell.
While others may go hungry,
We're eating very well
With home, health, and happiness,
I shouldn't want to fuss;
For by the stack of evidence,
God's been very good to us.

 "We live in a world of disposable things but you are not one of them. You are irreplaceable, one of a kind and there will never be another you. You are not disposable. Do not let anyone tell you differently" (unknown)
 
"just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly" (anonymous)

"the secret to having it all is knowing that you already do" (unknown)

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.” (Howard Thurman)


“If there is to be peace in the world,
There must be peace in the nations.
If there is to be peace in the nations,
There must be peace in the cities.
If there is to be peace in the cities,
There must be peace between neighbors.
If there is to be peace between neighbors,
There must be peace in the home.
If there is to be peace in the home,
There must be peace in the heart.”
Lao Tzu

Today You are You,
that is truer than true
there is no one alive
who is Youer than You
(Dr Seus)




 

2 comments:

  1. You have certainly been busy! I love this quote blog and your gratitude blog and your main one. You go, girl! Woo Hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ruth...this quote page is actually part of my main one, I just didn't have anything to write about today. But I love the idea of a quote blog too...hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete